• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want you to remember; nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    She is standing in front of his cave when he finds her lost in a daze of memories. With him so often gone, Nayl finds herself alone most nights curled against the dank walls of the cavern, nestled into the embrace of his familiar scent. Tonight, however, she merely stands at the mouth with her fiery eyes staring into the black abyss. The moonlight almost gleams on the porcelain patches of her coat, the ocean humming deeply behind her. Hearing the music of nightfall almost masks the sound of his looming footsteps until he is just near enough to breathe across her skin. She doesn’t yet turn to look at him. Her eyes slowly blink and her head lowers. Nayl knows it’s him by the way he slips his lips to her hip then up along her spine and eventually her cheek. His husky voice whispers her name. Only then do her eyelids lift so that she may look into his eyes.

”Lior,” she says tenderly as the wall she has spent years forging from the world crumbles. The world sees her as an iron queen, a conqueror with fire in her eyes and ice in her voice. To him, however, she is but a woman caving into the foreign world of love. What had begun as a resent toward Stillwater has blossomed into something much greater than she expected. When their eyes meet, she melts, and the stony exterior that she shows to the world falls to her feet like a loosened dress.

A smile lifts the straight line of her lips when she hears his confession. She returns it with her own. ”I missed you, too,” she mutters into the symphony of the night while pressing her cheek against the broad plane of his neck. ”I do hate it when you must go,” a whisper that flutters just barely past her lips, barely audible over the lull of the tide. The admission is almost strained, afraid of letting him sink deeper into her heart. Although she may try to fight it, it’s ever futile.

”I don’t understand how you’ve done this to me,” a little smile, an airy chuckle, ”I never thought myself capable of ever falling for someone or being a mother.”

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    i want you to remember; nayl - by Lior - 06-21-2017, 02:55 AM
    RE: i want you to remember; nayl - by Nayl - 07-04-2017, 10:12 PM
    RE: i want you to remember; nayl - by Lior - 07-19-2017, 06:37 AM