• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i’m carrying your heart in mine; ellyse
    The salt of the sea covers him, the wind plastering it against the auburn of his flesh. The ocean’s churning and frothing waves have given way to the dark sand as the tide recedes, a large expanse of thick black revealing itself on Tephra’s shoreline. His muscular navy legs brings him through the sand and small puddles of excess seawater, the tide pools looking like puddles of oil from the sand, black from volcanic ash and rock. The soft grains, still damp from the ocean’s water, give way beneath his dark hooves, squelching beneath his weight.

The sun is high in the brilliant blue of the sky, warming his skin and the great navy wings that are folded gently against his sides. While the rest of Beqanna faces the bitterness of winter, Warrick only had to worry about the intense heat that constantly shines down upon him.

The stallion stops, his front hooves standing in a shallow pool of now-warm seawater. The wind is harsh on this side of Tephra’s peninsula, carelessly ripping through his long forelock and mane, as well as causing fervent ripples in the tide pool below him. The feathers, so unfamiliar and so cumbersome to him, are forced this way and that from the strong pull of the wind, out of place and uncomfortable. His new attribute keeps him hidden away, uncertainty flooding his features and eyes. He isn’t sure how to use them, how to take care of them, or why he had woken up with them at all.

He stares down at the rippling pool, his eyes catching the light of the smooth and glittering shells that had been left behind, curiously watching as one of them begins to move through the dark sand, a small hermit crab shuffling. His mind is everywhere but in the present: Hyaline, Tang, the fact Offspring’s fire-obsessed son now lives among them, how long he’d been keeping himself away from Ellyse…oh, and that soon he would be a father.

His tail swishes idly at his hocks as he stares into the clear water, choosing to instead to appear thoughtless.  
    like the sun,
    swallowed up by the earth
    warrick

@[Ellyse]

Messages In This Thread
    i’m carrying your heart in mine; ellyse - by Warrick - 07-06-2017, 08:44 AM
    RE: i’m carrying your heart in mine; ellyse - by Ellyse - 07-14-2017, 01:33 AM
    RE: i’m carrying your heart in mine; ellyse - by Ellyse - 07-27-2017, 08:01 PM