• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae}
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

Jah’s pleasant assurance about Crevan’s attitude reminds her that stress was meant to be shared. The burden of trying to spend equal time with the boys while steering them in the right direction had begun to weigh on her slender green shoulders. It was more often than not that she found herself stressing over whether Corvus was getting the instruction he needed (her lack of wings is painfully obvious) and whether Crevan was learning the way of the wolf as he should. With the simple touch of russet lips against her neck, Circinae feels as if Jah has swept away nights of worry. She was a good mother, the best she could hope to be in her circumstances, and perhaps … perhaps what she’d begun to feel wasn’t fear of letting the boys down, but fear of letting the boys go.

“Yes, this is the infamous redwood forest of Taiga.” Circy chuckles, urging herself to move sideways into the comfort of her rusty companions curves. The fire her son had lit for them is quelling now from the oppressing cold, though the heat still casts a pleasant sort of comfort over the two as they draw strength from one another. The shifters eyes dance around, lighting briefly on snow-laden branch after branch and she sighs, content to simply stay put for a minute. “As you can tell, things are quiet.”

The tranquility wouldn’t do, not for her anticipated guest of honor.

“Let’s make some noise then, hmm?” She grins, pressing one green, plush cheek to the arc of Jah’s neck. It glides silkily upwards, her nose bumping softly at the smooth wrinkle of skin tucked underneath the soothsayer’s throat. “I can show you my personal home, if you’d like.” The bicolored girl whispers, “A secret den that I dug for myself before the earth hardened to stone.” She tells Jah-Lilah. Her lips form a bright laugh and then they draw away from red girl’s body, tugging a lock of fiery hair on their retreat.

“It’s a walk that will keep our muscles warm.” Circy tempts, hooves shifting beneath her as she steps forward. Her path takes her around the burning bush, now extinguishing to the final tongues of flame over a charring stump, and from behind it a screen of undulating smoke smudges her outline. “You can tell me about what you’ve been up to since our last meeting.” The bodiless voice calls out, rising over the black plume and drenched in the air of curiosity.

Without so much as a cough Circinae plunges her head through the dark curtain, her head and exposed neck taking the appearance of some mounted trophy animal. “Sound good to you?” She chortles, the laugh breaking into a wheezing cough now that she’s inhaled too much of the damned ash.

Try as she might, she can’t always be a picture perfect temptress.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Jah-Lilah - 07-05-2017, 05:16 PM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-08-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 08-17-2017, 09:33 AM