• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Tantalize, any)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

The world had completely realigned itself in this latest great upheaval. The old is gone, giving way to the new and fresh. Giving way to shifted borders and kingdoms without true alignment. No longer could a horse walk in and know what to expect. It is far more a game of chance now, with allegiances  and viewpoints shifting with each changing tide. With each new leader and overtaken throne.

This is a world made for a creature like Heartfire. One she has settled into, grown comfortable with. One she has seen rise from the ashes of the old. She cannot help but agree with the former queen. Change could be good. It could be very, very good.

She lingers upon the spectacular view for a long moment, seeing it as Tantalize must. So easily the eyes become jaded, a sight seen over and over again fading until one barely notices it anymore. It is a good reminder, timely and needed, just how much the jaded eye can miss. For Heartfire especially, when sight is her world.

But then her focus is drawn to the present, shifting to her companion, blue eyes sharp, curious.

The question brings a faint smile to her lips, her gaze briefly scanning their surroundings before settling once more upon the spotted woman. “They are around. Nerine has many places not readily seen from its borders. I am certain though, that you will have the opportunity to meet Nayl sooner than you might have hoped.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Tantalize, any) - by Heartfire - 07-27-2017, 05:12 PM