• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; ledger
    Keep a little fire burning;
    however small, however hidden.

Smoak's curiosity has grown and grown with each season that passes. Come spring he will be a year old, and he hopes that his birthday will gift him with a bit more freedom. His parents do not hover, nor are they generally overwhelming, but the young boy longs to see with world beyond Tephra's borders, or even the top of the volcano if he can't be trusted to venture outside of their home just yet. Dad has told him time and time again that the rules they impose are strictly for Smoak's own safety, but the bone-plated boy can't help but feel that they don't trust him to take care of himself.

Which, of course, is correct given the current circumstances.

He smiles sheepishly at Ledger, though doesn't move from the crumbly, heated footing he had just secured for himself. The one-eyed stallion gives him a grin and for a fleeting moment, Smoak thinks that he's in the clear, but then he's given an ultimatum and the champagne colt's smile dissolves into an exaggerated frown. "What if you go up with me, though? That would be okay," the son of Ellyse gazes at Ledger with eyes identical to his mother's, his most convincing pout finding its way onto the colt's muzzle. "Maybe you know a better spot to go up, where there's less lava and it's easier to climb?" he inquires hopefully of the one-eyed stallion before adjusting his weight on the soft earth where his hooves have begun to sink and his legs have begun to warm.

"It will be fun, I promise. Plus Mom and Dad said that I can trust you, so that means they won't get mad if I climb the volcano with you," the colt adds in hopes that it will further his chances to see something new for the day.

Smoak
    lineart colored by sanaa

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-06-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM