• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; ledger
    Keep a little fire burning;
    however small, however hidden.

They venture towards the ocean as Smoak gives his abandoned conquest one last glance over his armored shoulder, vowing silently to conquer the volcano on another day. Their trek is a short one and Smoak remains contemplative for the majority of it, mulling over Ledger's ability to shift into a bear and wondering if he would discover the ability to shift into a different creature in the future. His hazel eyes find the constellation pattern at the stallion's hip and regards it briefly, but otherwise refrains from mentioning the mark.

Smoak plunges into the salty sea water when they finally arrive at the shoreline, his pensive expression making way for excitement once more. "Yeah, Dad asked if I wanted to join the Guard when I'm older but I haven't decided yet. I think I want to try a little bit of everything," he admits as he splashes his hooves in the water, any contempt that Ledger may feel for Dad last on him, "I'll even have Mom teach me how to fight."

His ears twitch instinctively, considering the one-eyed stallion's offer silently. He'd heard bits and pieces about each Beqanna territory - how the dark forest had reached its downfall, how the distant lake is full of friends (and sometimes even Solace and Svedka's mother), but he'd never really considered which one he'd like to visit most, only that he would like to visit them.

"What about the island one? Where that whole big purple family lives," he says as he turns his hazel eyes back to Ledger expectantly. After a moment, his grin widens and the bone-armored colt inches closer to the shifter. "So... can I see? The bear thing, I mean."

Smoak
    lineart colored by sanaa

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-06-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM