• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse]
    Ellyse
    I have the tendency of getting very physical,
    so watch your step 'cause if I do you'll need a miracle.
      It would never be enough.
      Her tired and weary bones were never at ease –

Her heart had been broken, splintered and left to fall away into dust, and it felt like an impossible feat to accept that she deserved anything more than that. Though her heart pined and ached for him, beneath the warmth and inevitable giddiness that love brought, there was a layer of doubt, seeping into her mind and plaguing the memories of his fervent kiss along her neck and the weight of his body on her own. It was fleeting, she knew. He would tire of her, he would taste the brine of the salty sea on the hollow cheek of another while a heat grew in his loin – he would look upon her with disdain, with disgust, and he would leave.

She knew it; she felt it in her bones.
      She had once tasted the remnants of another’s scent lingering on his skin, long ago.

No caress or whispered sweet nothing could chase the worry away.

And yet, every now and then, there is a gentle reminder that not all is wicked and wrong with the world. When her swollen belly is stirring with life, one to the left, and one to the right, she can hardly suppress the warmth of a hidden smile. Her heart aches, though – she had carried two before – Canaan had been a multiple, but the sweet buckskin filly that had been born shortly after him had never even taken her first breath. Yet, there is still a small sliver of hope that shines through the darkness that perhaps, it would not be as it was.

A soft sigh emerges from the shallow capacity of her lungs – she is broad and heavy, with each feathered wing tucked uncomfortably around her swelling barrel. She has not slept well as of late, wrought with worry, irritability and discomfort digging in between the ridge of her rounded rib cage. Even beside him, she is uneasy – happiness has never come easily to her.

A faint smile tugs at the corner of her mouth – a sight rarely seen alight upon her feminine but wholly grim and indifferent features. He is not himself, preoccupied with the scattering of broken and fragmented shells surrounding him along the sandy shoreline – he is not in his element; how unusual a polar bear looked on the beach of a volcanic isle. Gently, her teeth bury themselves within the thickness of his lush, ivory fur, pulling gently at the skin of his neck, before pressing her cheek along his shoulder.

”I think it is a boy, and a girl,” she murmurs softly, merely guessing, whuffing warm air into the plushness of his coat. ”and I’ll have you know, Smoak was a name that I suggested.” She chides softly with a low and rumbling chuckle, her pale mouth upturned with a smirk. ”Tell me. What do you think we should name them?”
    You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone;
    you're not fit to fucking tread the ground that I am walking on.

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-19-2017, 11:20 PM
    RE: there you were, my shining ray of light [Ellyse] - by Ellyse - 09-20-2017, 12:47 AM