• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the light you carry in your hand; solace

Solace

Another day is done, and now that the intrigue of new faces and sights has passed (only until the sun rises again) Solace finds herself thinking of her family. The snow falls in flurries around her, and it is a with a hint of sadness in her round blue eyes that she observes the floating dance of the white flakes. It is the first snowfall the young mare has ever seen, but her thoughts are not reflective of the natural beauty around her. She thinks of Svedka, and the more wonderful the day, the deeper her sorrow that her twin is not there to share it with her.

Where is he now, what reveling or danger does he carelessly throw himself into? 

She had passed the night in solitude, and in the morning the cold, still foreign to her, had driven her down from the wuthering mountain summits to the relative shelter of the lake basin. As she walks she sees another mare staring solemnly into the lake as if she were looking for answers.

Before she can decide if she should or shouldn't the young mare is drawn to the side of the sifter.  But she can't hide the gentle smile that puls at her lips - because the last words she expected to here were 'I'm sorry I smell bad.'

The scent of a large musky presence was thick in the air, but Solace hadn't thought to be alarmed. At first, the gold and cream mare had assumed the creature had come down to the lake to drink then fled at dawn. But now it seems the smell is lingering on the mare she had silently approached. Thepra too had a bear shifter and Smoak had told her all about him once, so even as she realizes the woman is most likely a shifter she remains calm and curious. All of Tephras shifters seemed to manage control over their animal forms - enough control as not to cause havoc.

"Well, at least you realize it," the woman-child says, as kindly as such words can be said.  But the cloud over the other mare's countenance makes her more serious again.

But as an idea crosses her mind the light smile reappears. "I heard once that Losses, to the south, has hot springs," she nearly whispers with a glance in that direction. "But I couldn't tell you who told me that." She thinks back, if her father had told her it had to be true... but if it had been her twin... "I'm not sure if they do or not."

The cold had sunk into her bones during the night and she stomps her alabaster hoves and shakes her spotless coat to fluff it up against the chill. It would be a winter or two before her blood thickened after a childhood spent in the tropics. "I wouldn't mind warming up in a hot spring, even if I had to walk a half day to get there."

you are my sunshine

@[keeper]
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the light you carry in your hand; solace - by Solace - 11-04-2017, 02:38 PM