• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  firearms and alcohol
    Sweet brown eyes watched silently as the scrawny colt leaped away from her touch, cowering in anticipation of more pain. She stood back and let him recover, watched as he realized there was no blows coming. She was patient, like she had been with the abandoned fox cubs, and the baby mice she had secreted away in a knoll back at her temporary home.  She was a young, innocent thing, and had a soft spot for things smaller than herself. It was a short list for a self assigned task, but one she took to with a child's passion. Really, she was mostly finding things to do until mama came back. And the trembling boy in front of her seemed like he needed her as much as any fox, or mouse ever could. 
    Her mention of food seemed to get his attention more than anything else has. No wonder, for all that he's made up of skin and bones. She nods her pixie's head sagely, slightly concerned in the back of her mind of just how she would find food for such a little one. Perhaps, and she was banking on this, there would be another mare with a little one where they were going. Someone generous enough to share. 
    She smiles brightly when he agrees to come with her. With a girlish giggle, she aims a sisterly kiss for his dark nose. "Hello Ba-ba-dook!" She whinnied, turning the poor boy's cumbersome name into a fragment of song. "I'm Margaux. It means daisy!" She shared enthusiastically. Now that the skittish colt seemed to be alright with her, she set about introducing herself in a non-stop stream of cheery chatter. "We're going to the playground! You'll really like it there, it's a lot of fun! There's all kinds of stuff to jump off of and over and run around. And the fairies are really nice, they keep us safe from mean people, and wolves." She commented with a solemn expression, finally taking a breath. It melted away a moment later as she continued her monologue. "Oh, you just have to meet Whiskers and Tobi! They're my mice, they're really cute. I saved them from a hawk and now they're really tame. I let them ride in my mane." She paused thoughtfully. "I guess, if you want, you can play with them, for a bit." She decided with all the magnanimity of a tiny queen. This kind of chirping talk continued as they walked the short distance through the trees, towards the playground where the little red filly had been staying. She was so excited to have someone to play with!

@[Babadook]

Messages In This Thread
    firearms and alcohol - by Babadook - 11-27-2017, 10:51 PM
    RE: firearms and alcohol - by Margaux - 11-28-2017, 01:54 PM
    RE: firearms and alcohol - by Babadook - 12-04-2017, 09:40 PM
    RE: firearms and alcohol - by Margaux - 12-04-2017, 11:01 PM
    RE: firearms and alcohol - by Babadook - 12-10-2017, 09:20 PM