• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you only need the light when it's burning low - Shatter Me
    “They’ll be an alright ally, I think.” He says, and even though it almost pains him to say it aloud he does so only because it’s the truth. “And I’m sure they’ll have some colt they need to get rid of who can come and stay here.” She mentions the sway the Amazons had once had over the Falls, and Texas tries to remember when that was. Is she referring to the time that he had let Prague rule beside him? That had been an unequivocal disaster. He still has scars from being pushed off the top of the waterfall.

No one wants to hear exactly how Texas feels about Amazons. The “exact” story is a tale so convoluted that even the bay stallion gets parts of it mixed up. It involves blood and sweat and tears and magic, and the longer he thinks about it the more irritated he gets. The fact that he cannot change it is even more bothersome; lack of control has always been his downfall. But he’s always been good at pretending, whether it’s hiding injuries of emotions. “I don’t want to be in that godforsaken swamp any longer than I have to be,” he drawls, grinning but utterly serious. “I’ll leave now and be back by dawn.”

He pauses for a just a moment, long enough to see if she has anything more to say. If she does not, he turns to leave.
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you only need the light when it's burning low - Shatter Me - by Texas - 07-02-2015, 08:35 PM