• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Strangers in the night - anyone
    olid;" cellspacing=10 cellpadding=15 width=500>

Saedís was a child of the stars, and despite her seeming wake from endless dreams, stood against the world now in the full splendor of her youth. Each passing moment pushed her past beneath water she was not yet willing to surface, and she was recovering gracefully; a fawn who must gain her footing before she is left for the wolves. She found beauty in this place — in the subtle, shy dips of the trees and the quiet, silver-soft rustling of the grass. Had she just waken? She knew, somehow, that it had been only one night’s uneasy rest just like all the others; that she awoke and ate and drank as she must, but did not see what was before her, as though watching her life from someone else’s unfaithful gaze. 

The wind betrays the presence of another; Saedís is aware of Camlin even before he is within sight, but sleep has put my child-mare at ease and she waits patiently. Her eyes are unjudging; they dismiss the intimidating appearance of the stallion as though reuniting with a dear friend. How lovely the lights of stars dance in her silk-spun eyes! For Saedís is everything she should not be: loyal, welcoming, and ultimately trusting; believing that the best of everyone is the side of which they show at all times. Even those who have broken her have not yet extinguished her child’s heart. Her offering to Camlin is all these things, and her voice is sweet as spring. 

"Hello wanderer" She breathed, and the sound was melodic. "I..I think I've been sleeping, can you tell me where I am?" But she has barely dipped the slender alabaster of her face to the stranger when the memory flutters out of reach like a mischievous butterfly and she stares almost dumbly at Camlin as if delving answers from the emerald in his eyes. ”Sorry, I must look utterly silly” she chirps, and the realization of this procures the shiest of smiles upon her lips. 

”I am Saedís”

SAEDÌS

Messages In This Thread
    Strangers in the night - anyone - by Saedìs - 12-21-2017, 07:39 PM
    RE: Strangers in the night - anyone - by Camlin - 12-23-2017, 12:34 PM
    RE: Strangers in the night - anyone - by Saedìs - 12-23-2017, 07:18 PM
    RE: Strangers in the night - anyone - by Camlin - 12-24-2017, 12:15 PM