• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / solace, any - diplomatic visit
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Although much of what I do with my free time is gamboling with creatures of darkness and guiding them into a realm far beyond understanding, I have also been trying to fulfill my duties as a diplomat. The field has seen me once or twice, and not with awful results either. And I have also been participating in war training, though I am not a warrior - but perhaps that will change... I am not yet sure. For now, I will do as much as I can for Hyaline, regardless of the duty's nature.

A gentle call is issued from the border, and my ears perk up at the sound. There are not many here whose voice I do not recognize, and so I figure that it must be a newcomer, or else a diplomat from elsewhere. Either way, my curiosity is spiked, and I kick up my heels, cantering quickly and elegantly through the light trees until the scentline approaches.

My Arabian figure approaches the group just in time to hear Solace's words. I press my muzzle to my queen's white-and-gold shoulder, nickering beneath my breath in greeting. Then I turn to take in the sight of the mare and her filly, the way the two press together, and the obvious connection between them. A light smile graces my lips, one ear trained on Solace, the other on the newcomers.

Having had most of the necessities said, I settle for introducing myself. "And my name is Kagerus. I am a diplomat of Hyaline - Solace is our queen." I smile a little sheepishly at this, knowing that Solace probably left out the title purposefully. But if this is what I suspect it to be - a diplomatic meeting - then this stranger must know her station.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the beacon / solace, any - diplomatic visit - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 02:30 PM