• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't let you go; any
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    They turn towards him, synchronized in their movements as well as the curious (cautious?) expressions on their unfamiliar faces. The pair reminds him of Svedka and Solace (his own children - twins - who share only their looks and love for each other in common, everything else had been vastly different) in the way that they stand close to each other, obviously comfortable in each others presence. The man - a bright gold that is almost reflective in Tephra’s intense sunlight - quickly turns so that he is between Warrick and the vibrant mare; a gesture in which the winged-stallion did not find offense. Instead, he merely lowers his head a bit in a wordless attempt to show he is truly welcoming of their presence on his peninsula. The woman is the one to speak first, casually placing her chin on the spine of the golden unicorn, the blue around her eyes drawing Warrick’s attention. “Dagny, Olivier,” he greets them with a nod of his head, the darkness of his black forelock falling into the indigo of his eyes with the movement. “Welcome. I see you have already made yourself acquainted with our volcano.” He smiles warmly at the pair, lifting his head slightly with a quiet rustle of his cobalt feathers tucked neatly to his auburn sides, the smell of sun and wind and smoke rising from the movement.

A lower, quieter voice responds back - it is the stallion, Olivier - and Warrick’s gentle gaze shifts to him. The Overseer snorts softly in interest, his brows rising as he takes a unassuming step towards the duo. “If you have found Tephra to your liking, you are more than welcome to reside on its shores and beneath the volcano’s warmth. You would have not found yourself here if Tephra had not been calling to you.” The bay and indigo stallion smiles warmly, noticing the bond between the two as Dagny thoughtlessly grooms Olivier. The gesture is endearing and he finds that he perhaps already likes them - despite being mere strangers. There is something about them that he finds curious, but not in a way that he would assume they meant him or Tephra any harm. His quick-to-trust personality has been his downfall before, though, but he cannot bring himself to become a paranoid and untrusting man - it is not in his soul.

Peering out from beneath the neck of Olivier, Warrick lowers his head to catch her eye (blue as ice, or perhaps the Tephran sky, peering into the depths of the ocean blue of his own), and he cannot help the way he tilts his head to match hers. “It is only a name that I use to remind myself I am the one who takes care of this country - if you see me as a king, then that is what I am. If you see me as a friend, then that is what I am. I am whatever it is I need to be.” He smiles, thinking about how often his residents refer to him as their king, or their compatriot, or any number of titles that gives them hope and comfort. He is all of these things.
    Warrick

@[Dagny and Olivier]
    For real, they're super cute!

Messages In This Thread
    I won't let you go; any - by Dagny and Olivier - 02-23-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 02-24-2018, 10:47 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 03-03-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: I won't let you go; any - by Warrick - 04-04-2018, 03:16 PM