• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am the steel no enemy can shatter.

She doesn’t know the tale of the latest quest yet. She knows her son has come back changed from it. Bright red, with blue and green streaks in his mane and a tail. A normal mother would have run to him, made sure he was entirely alright. But Straia was not a normal mother, and really, Erebor was not a normal son. He was perfectly alright. He could see heat and control fire. Instead of worrying, she honestly just laughed. Her stoic, man-child of a son looked like a paint store threw up on him.

But quietly, she was proud as hell.

She will catch up with her son, but he’s busy catching up on kingdom business first and she won’t interrupt that. So instead, Straia makes her way to the field. The newer recruits have been stellar about recruiting, and Straia has found herself here less. But still, she does come now and again, because she will not ask her subjects to do anything she does not do herself.

Plus, now she can fly here. It’s endlessly faster. She sports large black wings today, made of raven feathers, and circles the field from above until she spots a boy. He’s strangely colored too (though it’s fading), and she wonders if he too experienced the same thing as her son. He’s still alone, and so she dives to the ground, landing some feet away so as not to completely startle him. She keeps the wings, and they look quite normal, like she’s simply a horse with wings rather than a horse with magic. Well, raven magic. She couldn’t do everything, but she could do a lot.

“You remind me of my son,” she says, in a strange greeting. Normal horses say hello. Straia can rarely be bothered with hello. Her body is brown and white and black, normal other than the wings. Though in Beqanna, wings are normal as well. Her mane is long, falling on either side of her neck haphazardly. But still, she is beautiful in a wild way, in a careless way. “Too old for your body, and brightly colored.” She grins, not judging, but amused. “I’m Straia, from the Chamber.”

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the steel no enemy can shatter. - by Straia - 07-10-2015, 03:48 PM