• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 1 Task 3
    The day is coming to an end and I fear the last task at hand may be the worst, as they often save the best for last. The arena is quiet as Nike reveals to us the phantoms that are the final feat. The little voice in my head, the doubts and insecurities right infant of me.

Alter-me is smiling like a damn fool, I shudder thinking of how I used to be so happy and careless. And here it is, a visual reminder to make it all worse. As I study it with wide eyes it laughs, looking at me as if it was confused.

<i>”What, silly Sarkis? Why the long face?”</i> It’s voice stings me, it’s all I can do not to flinch as it mocks me. No, this is what it wants. It wants me to fail. Lifting my head I meet the eyes that somehow don’t seem like mine. It speaks in a different tone now, cold and harsh. <i>”Poor little girl, so lost since her mommy died. Can’t grow up or move on. It’s pathetic, really.”</i>

I step forward towards it, pinning my ears back and going to nip at it. It laughs cruelly at my attempt, mocking me further. <b>”No. No, no, no, no, no…”</b> I shake my head.

<b>”That’s not true, I am moving on. I am doing my best. Too long I have been afraid that I am unable to be happy and myself again, that will not stand anymore. I am here, I am doing this for MYSELF, I will not hold back.”</b> I don’t realize that I am screaming by the end of my speech but I am. My eyes are closed and I fear opening them. I’m not sure how long passes but when I open them the mirror version of myself is not there.

I feel content knowing she is gone, I feel like guilt and weight is lifted off my shoulders though all I  did was face myself. I turn my attention back to Nike to await further instruction.

words: 306
    answer: marwari horse

Messages In This Thread
    Event 1 Task 3 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Khaedrik - 03-08-2018, 12:48 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kuma - 03-08-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Madelyn - 03-08-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Mosrael - 03-08-2018, 01:03 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Eros - 03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Nayl - 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 03:27 PM
    RE: Event 1 Task 3 - by Valensia - 03-08-2018, 03:35 PM