• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Beacon of White in a World of Shadows; Khaedrik

A little breeze goes a long way

The white female looks at the boy; wonders what it is that intrigues her about him and him about her. They seem like opposites; he's burdened and leaning towards darkness; she's light-hearted, trying to find the good in everything. As she knows that there is light in him, as well. He is young and innocent enough in a way; there must be.

As is young face lights up at his - apparently - sister's name, she beams as well. She studies his face again, yes perhaps there are features in there that are recognizable, although not at first glance. "So your shadows, are they anything like Kagerus' dreams?" she asks him, genuinely curious; she doesn't really dare to utter the word 'nightmares' but she does not think she needs to, for this rather clever young man to understand. Similar, but opposite in a way. Except perhaps that Kag can still have, or create, a nightmare, Ilma assumes.

She smiles at his question. "In Suomi. I lived with my parents, my twin brothers, and my little sister. I used to babysit them a lot! Allon and Altan wouldn't really sit still, mind you. But Aamu's really sweet. She's a yearling now, I think." she muses - yes, probably Aamu is a year older than Khaedrik. Ilma's not a hundred percent sure if the timing is right; when she arrived in Beqanna, it was summer after all. "She also has the more adventurous spirit. I wonder what she's up to now." she thinks aloud.

The wolf drug her back to present life; it stares at her after she had asked her question, and it seems that she has unwillingly upset Khaedrik. A small shadow trickles up her skin; cold to the touch, she shivers involuntarily. However, she also sees what Khaedrik doesn't; he is right that the shadow is part of him equally as it he is part of the shadow, but it moves as if it is his unconsciousness.

She smiles at him as she realizes this; suddenly he's just a lonely little boy that needs someone to hold him. And hold him she can, and will.

There's no-one more certain at this than Ilma. She ignores the shadows, in a way that she is certain they will part to let her through; she steps forwards and gives the small palomino kid a warm hug. "You're no shadow, Khaedrik. You're alive." she tells him softly.

@[Khaedrik]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Beacon of White in a World of Shadows; Khaedrik - by Ilma - 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM