• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra}
    She stares at him a moment, watching his expression change at her caustic tone. An unbidden twitch began in the corners of her mouth, lifting them up into incredulous smile. The smile split into a raucous, soaring laugh that rang from the trees around them. She recovered herself from her fit of laughter, gasping slightly for air. 

"Gods, that was shrewish of me. Yes, most folk in this wood consider me their regent. But they don't typically bow to me, so I can hardly expect you to. I'm afraid I've become rather unaccustomed to needing to introduce myself, particularly within this land. Allow me to start again? I am Sabra, and yes, some know me as the queen of Sylva. May I know who it is I address?" She asked cordially, eyes still sparkling with laughter. 

So serious, all the time! Everything was so serious, and she missed laughter. She missed spending hours dancing with the wind, or racing though hot sands. Now she was a queen, and a mother. Sometimes it felt like that was the sum of her identity anymore. She wouldn't trade her life for anything. Truly, this was what she'd always wanted. But sometimes... well. Sometimes she needed to laugh, and the prickly encounter had been the catalyst needed to crack the dam of her carefully constructed façade. Oh dear, hee probably thought her mad for her outburst...

@[Arithmetic]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Arithmetic - 03-11-2018, 12:31 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 12:16 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Arithmetic - 03-14-2018, 07:24 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Arithmetic - 03-17-2018, 07:38 AM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Sabra - 03-17-2018, 03:50 PM
    RE: I'm A Dark Horse|| {Sabra} - by Arithmetic - 03-20-2018, 08:25 AM