• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The conversation between the three of us flows easily, and for a moment, as we all take a breath and bask in a short silence, I can almost imagine that we are friends. Out for a walk, nothing on our mind but the pleasant company of one another, perhaps a laugh and a caress here, silent gazes and smiling lips there. We could almost be those carefree people, but --

-- But. The knot - the child - growing inside of me kicks as if to remind me of why we can never be those people.

"Perhaps I'll dream I am the most beautiful mare in Beqanna and force you to fall in love with me on the battlefield then, Brennen," Comes my easy answer to his flirtation. My smirk says the rest of what I might be thinking, but the conversation moves on swiftly, and I leave the moment be. The Alliance isn't about beauty, nor love, though perhaps there is a kind of passion involved. At any rate, as Brennen begins explaining strategy, it seems as if he truly is passionate about it.

"Keep your cool," I murmur as his speech comes to the part about fighting like a beserker. I tuck the advice away in my mind, lowering my gaze and trying to visualize myself in a battle where I am more angry than calm; then, I visualize regaining my focus, and continuing on collectedly. It isn't an actual mock, but I've found that little day dreams like this do help my real performance when it comes to battling.

I nod my horned head when he addresses it, grateful that I had been gifted such an item just in time for the alliance. "That makes sense. It's a kind of extension of my defensibility, I would say." I look to Solace and smile, then back to Brennen.

"Thank you so much for giving us this advice - I truthfully had no idea our meeting would be so beneficial. I mean, I knew we were all in the Alliance, but -" I drop my gaze, smiling sheepishly "-but anyway, thank you for your honesty and your insight. Hyaline won't forget that you helped us in this Beqanna-wide competition, instead of setting us up for failure." My smile is more genuine now, feeling a calm affection for the pegasus stallion, wondering if perhaps I will see him again. But ah, no time for romance when the child you bear is bound to kill you.

I turn to Solace. "I'll leave you two to it - I've got to go check on Khaedrik, he said he had an idea about my little bundle." The phrasing is light and cheery, but Solace will understand my meaning. I am lucky to have such a friend as her to trust... A friend, for now. I step towards her and press my muzzle to her shoulder affectionately, then turn to Brennen. "Thank you again, Brennen, for everything. Please, if you're ever in Hyaline, seek me out," I say lyrically, stepping forward and offering the same shoulder-kiss with a demure, kittenish look in my down-cast, looking-up-at-you-through-my-lashes eyes.

With that last exchange, I turn and canter off - serves him right for flirting with me.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Solace] @[Brennen] sorry guys, 33 threads is TOO MANY, I had to dip out. But....... Brennen should come flirt Kag at a later time Wink
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-19-2018, 11:21 PM