• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

The attention the other mare devoted to Scorch went beyond anything that the latter mare would have expected of anyone, never mind a stranger (though she quickly began to see Breckin as a friend, now). The empathy writ clearly on the leopard's pretty face reminded Scorch of her dear friend, Kagerou, a woman who had died from complications during child birth just like herself. But beyond that, the leopard mare (leopard in a different way than Breckin, with true clouded leopard spots) had been understanding and compassionate - and eager to learn.

As she watched Breckin and thought these thoughts, Scorch hoped wholeheartedly that Breckin would choose Nerine to be her home.

Her words rang friendly and caring in Scorch's mutilated ears, and so she smiled in reply. Breckin knew more about socializing than Scorch for her entire first life, and there was no magic that could teach anyone like herself to become as ept at interactions like these as Breckin was. Still, she hesitated to close the distance between them; but Scorch leaned in and brushed her shoulder to the woman's nose, hoping that with practice like this, the mare would settle easily into the rhythm of Beqanna.

"When the weather is especially dry, some of my scars crack and bleed - any kind of movement then is irritating, but otherwise, it doesn't hurt. I'm careful to shade myself from the sun, and when it is winter, I cloak myself in light to stay warm." She spoke quietly, eyes drifting over the scenery as she allowed her tongue to easily waggle. "Mostly though, it's my skin and I've gotten comfortable in it. Everyone from before knew me this way." She didn't go on to explain "before," figuring that that in itself would be another entire conversation, one that they might touch on later. For now, she'd shared far too much personally, and needed to turn the focus back on Breckin.

Luckily, that mare's next question opens up such options.

"Yes, it does," Came Scorch's answer, her eyes settling with interest on the 'plain' mare. Funny, that she had been that way once, too. "You just need to keep your wits about you - the faeries can be sneaky, but by how perceptive you are, I don't think they'll get by you without notice."

"The Mountain, especially, is where magic such as the kind I have told you about resides. Quests, they are called; but again, most times the adventures are less than happy." She eyed the other mare with an avid curiosity. "Do you think you would brave such quests?... Though sometimes, you haven't a choice in the matter. Sometimes, it's as if someone else decides where we go when we dream. So beware; and keep your wits about you."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle
    Advisor to Nerine's Hestia

Catch me breaking the fourth wall sort of lmao. IDK what this post is. Enjoy.
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any] - by Scorch - 03-20-2018, 12:37 AM