• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission]
    Admittedly, Castile admires the ignorant bliss that Lepis approaches the world. She was borne to a loving family – despite her father abandoning her early on – and was thrusted onto a royal throne. Darkness hasn’t yet curtained over her eyes and showed her what lies beyond Loess. With every visitor, she smiles. With every meeting she has, she is jubilant and kind.

Unfortunately, Castile cannot mirror her.

Hod’s demeanor flickers as easily as Castile’s, reacting to hesitance and every jagged smile. They are bulls thrown into a pen together, their instincts tampered by the presence of the child Queen.

An unfamiliar tenderness reflects in the way Castile idly lips his niece’s forelock before she pounces excitedly at the idea of gifts. A scrutinizing stare levels on the pile of leaves settled at Hod’s feet again. Originally, he thought it was just that: plants plucked from the bosom of Ischia. Alas, there are trinkets and treasures far beyond Castile’s expectations. They are laid out in front of them followed by an enthusiastic description from their guest. A glance finds Lepis then lifts to Hod then drops back to the small treasures. ”How kind of you,” he says with a lopsided grin and a nod.

(Hunt)

The twisting of his stomach wants something more than the mangoes, but Castile steps forward and nibbles on a piece before withdrawing back again. ”Thank you,” there is an increasing warmth in his voice before he tunnels his vision back down on the young Queen, ”You will enjoy it, Lepis.” It’s likely an unnecessary reassurance to her, but the words slip unbidden from his mouth in a most paternal manner. They aren’t related, not exactly, but at least he can one day tell his friend that Lepis has been carefully guarded beneath his wing. He cannot – will not – let Ivar down.

”Tell me more about Ischia. I have never been there.”

(Explore new hunting grounds)

Messages In This Thread
    Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Hod - 03-03-2018, 09:28 PM
    RE: Half of my heart [Diplomatic Mission] - by Castile - 03-22-2018, 01:15 PM