• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / diplomatic visit
    Having spent most of the afternoon dozing, I'm ready for a long night of stargazing.

With my head pointed up, I stand at the peek of Loess' largest hill, a rocky outcropping near the southern border. In the distance, the glowing light of Tephra's magma is just beginning to be visible on the dusky horizon. It's a bit early, I decide, and turn my blue-grey gaze back to the earth.

There's movement not too far away, and I hear the murmur of voices carrying across open land. Someone has arrived, newcomers perhaps. I should go and meet them, I know, but by the time I do they have already been accosted by two others. Imperial I know by sight, but it is Castile that I settle beside, standing shoulder-to-shoulder after having ascertained from his body language that these strangers are not a threat.

I trust him, and with no sign of immediate danger I step a bit closer. I've managed to catch the introduction, and I wait for an appropriate lull in the conversation before adding: "I'm Lepis."

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / diplomatic visit - by wound - 03-07-2018, 02:51 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / diplomatic visit - by Lepis - 03-28-2018, 08:58 PM