• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome]
    He marvels what it is like to live in Nerine. The last time he had ever lived in the kingdom was when he was a young boy. He lived his whole life after that always on the go, never stopping—at heart he was a nomad. The boy went where there was adventure, where his heart called him to. However, sometimes he thinks there will be something that keeps him still for once—a family perhaps.

The idea of a family sounds strange, so he does not linger on the thought. Instead, Rome focuses back onto the black appaloosa mare. He cannot help but smile and feel warm whenever he looks at her. It is a strange notion—something he almost thinks he felt before (a time where he saw the flower grow, sharing the experience of life and death with Eight… it has always left an imprint on his heart)—and he has no idea how to deal with it. Rome has always been one to follow his heart and feelings, but this feeling was entirely different. A feeling he wonders how he will deal with it.

Rome waits excitedly for the reaction of his splash towards Porcia. He was always a child at heart, ready to have some fun. When she reacts with a laugh his boyish grin grows even wider. His cheeks hurt a lot lately from all of the smiling and laughing, but he does not care. He cannot remember a time when he had been this happy and carefree. It almost felt like flying for the first time (at least when he had wings and had gotten the hang of it).

He lets out a laugh when she splashes back at home. The water drenches his ocelot-spotted coat. It feels nice against the heat of the sun though. He shakes the water off his coat a bit, and then suddenly realizes his mane is being tugged at. Rome is quick to take a step back and find out who it is. “Porcia!” he says abruptly with a giggle.

She is all of a sudden quite serious. Rome is quick to throw his ears forward I her direction. His nutmeg eyes become concerned for her, questioning if he might have done something. She looks away, and he is quick to retake his step back towards her. He reaches out to her, his maw brushing her neck softly. It felt strange to touch her in an intimate way, but he must know. “What is it, Porcia?” He must know.

The spotted boy listens to her. “Oh,” he says softly. Rome struggles to find his words after hearing what she has to say. He can feel his heart dropping into the pit of his stomach. It beats so fast, and he begins to sweat a bit. Rome is panicking, not because he doesn’t feel the same way, but he doesn’t know how to tell her. How can he say what he feels? There were no words, only this jumbled up mess of a feeling he has yet to dissect and form into words to explain, to tell her.

“I-I,” he fumbles, trying to find his words yet again. He doesn’t want to leave her in silence. He didn’t want her to feel like she had made a mistake. “I-I like you,” he spits out suddenly. A boyish grin grows wide, but it is clear on his face that he is embarrassed. No, you’re being a fool, Rome! That’s not how you do it! UGH! He tells himself.

Rome takes a big gulp of air. “I like you a lot, Porcia,” he starts, finding some words to say and to forget his outburst so suddenly, “I could not stop thinking about you either. I thought about you every day when you were gone.” He falls silent again, nutmeg eyes staring at her. Waiting for her to say something. ANYTHING PLEASE! He wants to tell her, but he doesn’t. “I think you’re amazing, Porcia,” he bursts again with another embarrassed smile growing on his lips.
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Porcia]

Messages In This Thread
    Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome] - by Porcia - 03-31-2018, 07:24 PM
    RE: Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome] - by Rome - 04-03-2018, 02:36 PM
    RE: Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome] - by Porcia - 04-03-2018, 06:57 PM
    RE: Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome] - by Rome - 04-08-2018, 11:11 AM
    RE: Tell Me Your Fate-[Rome] - by Porcia - 04-08-2018, 07:01 PM