• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any
    Grye has no idea how his grandfather will react to his arrival, but he’s already happy to have come to Ischia just because he has found the twins. Drax is short-tempered clearly and warns the little creamy-colored colt to keep up as he whisks himself off the way they had appeared from, towards the very ocean Grye and his mother had had to fly over to get here. Dario is predictably nicer, and his kind words draw the shy colt from his hiding place entirely, and he scrambles to catch up with Drax’s words ringing in his mind.

His new friend mentions going to see the ocean and his curiosity rises; he and Mother had flown over the ocean, but he had little chance to do anything except to do his very best to keep up with her as they crossed; she was bigger and a better flyer, and had little patience for Grye’s insatiable appetite for knowledge on the way over. Usually she encouraged him to ask questions and touch everything and pry into the deeper secrets of life, but once she’d made up her mind they were leaving Tephra for Ischia, that had all changed, as if as soon as the decision was made she had no more obligations to him as his parent.

For a long moment he falters, thinking of his parents and being immensely homesick, but it passes when Dario calls back to him because Drax has picked up the pace again, the crashing waves of high tide looming bigger and bigger now. His green eyes go wide, and he tucks himself closer to his brave uncles, particularly Dario, and murmurs his questions into his relative’s green ear. “Is it always so fierce? How does anyone even get here if they can’t fly? Are there seamonsters?”
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

@[Nicole] no worries ^^

Messages In This Thread
    tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-17-2018, 03:30 PM
    RE: tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 05-06-2018, 10:44 PM