• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~

"I am the least of the gods. Why would you trust me with this?"
    "You're the last and most important of them all" I replied.

When Ilma came and expressed her… insults, Hestia had been inflamed with rage. How much had Kag told, how idiotic had the child been in her loose lipped vomit of what had taken place? The queen knows she is just as much to blame for this as Kag, she should have expressly demanded that the girl keep things to herself. Should have threatened her instead of bribing. But this is life, and nothing can be done to change the past. Mistakes are made, and lessons are learned. Still this issue needs to be addressed, before Kagerus can turn Hestia’s own people against her.

She does not stop at the border this time; the kingdoms are no longer strangers and they’ve agreed to welcoming one another into each other’s lands. She continues to the heart of Hyaline. Finding a pool covered in ice, her breath can be seen in small puffs of moisture, she hits it until the dull crunch of cold under her hoof changes to a sharp splash. The million shards floating in the small hole of blackness move apart giving her space to fill her mouth with some much-needed water. It’s almost painful in how cold it is. In the summer this would be refreshing, but in the winter, it burns in her belly. Her belly that expands with yet another child this year. This time much slower and much more welcome than the previous time.

The black queen almost turned back to her own borders on several occasions. Severely humiliated by her experience, and lack of strength in facing those moments. She prided herself on keeping her cool in all things. But that day… It still sends chills up her spine. Someone else knew all her pain, someone else experienced all her own experiences, someone witnessed her shame as another spilled their essence into her body. Then was able to turn a cold shoulder, going so far as to tell others the tale. At one time, Hestia had found the girl cute and willful. Now she wonders if the dreamer even has a soul. Maybe more demonic than the demon who travels at her side.

It hasn’t made a sound since she last spoke with Scorch. At least it hasn’t to Hestia. In fact, for one of the meetings it even took off to wander the beaches leaving her in peace. That day, she can still remember it, like the skies had parted and sucked away everything that soiled the air. The world so new, so fresh, so clean; she’d started laughing. Just standing there laughing in the drunkenness of the moment. All fears washed away, the world so clear and sharp in her focus. She began remembering herself. Even remembered Murc. Resulting in the condition she is in now. Swollen, and shaggy her wings the only warmth provided her in these cold months. Other than the scaly skin of the creature next to her.

HESTIA

@[Kagerus]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~ - by Hestia - 05-07-2018, 11:10 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~ - by Hestia - 05-11-2018, 05:52 PM