• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / diplomatic visit
    UA

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    Spring approaches with a vengeance that neither Solace or myself expected. Every morning, her swollen sides greet our dream-heavy eyes as surprisingly as it had the morning before, and before, and before - you're so freaking big So! Shut up Kag, when I get up off the ground I WILL fight you. But with the surprise comes this eagerness to meet her children, the twins that I already see as my own, whom I want desperately to raise alongside my own estranged son. Abysm plagues my mind constantly, and it shows in my dreams as Solace and I drift through sleep together every night - but during the day, I must present as Queen Consort, as I have so graciously been appointed.

When a call goes out peacefully from the border, I immediately turn to answer it. I'd just been leaning down into the reflection of the lake to admire Svedka's latest gift to me - not an apple this time, but something equally as lovely. By the sea he'd said in way of explanation as to how he found the thing - a soft white sea-shell with a hole right in the middle. Deftly and with a daintiness I know no other man of maintaining, my lover's twin had slid the gift on to my horn, leaving it there to dangle between my eyes.

The shell shifts a little funnily as I canter to the border, but I know that with time I will become accustomed to its movements; and then when it finally decays and leaves me, I will miss its company. Casting aside these silly girlish thoughts, I focus my nutmeg eyes on the border as I come atop a particularly tall hill in the rolling plains of Hyaline's northern point - not far off, three mares stand, all various shapes and sizes. Two girls and a mare, though one girl is clearly younger than the other.

Pulling up to a halt before the gaggle of Nerinians - not questioning their amount since the journey to Hyaline is but perhaps a half hour for them - I offer them a smile, a burst of warm vapour rising from my lips as they easily part. "Hello there," I say, shifting my eyes from leopard mare, to Wishbone, to Tahti. "It's good to see you again," I offer to the latter two with a shimmer in my eyes. Then, to the third: "And it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Kagerus - Queen Consort of Hyaline." I add the Consort part as more of a formality than anything; Solace and I have taken equal duties ruling the kingdom.

"To what do I owe the joy of three Leviathans upon these borders?"
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost to these linens / diplomatic visit - by Kagerus - 05-19-2018, 09:23 AM