• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; any
    fiasko
    She can see that she’s hit a nerve when she asks about Wichita’s past and she winces at her own clumsiness. She, of all people knows what it’s like to want to put the past behind you and never think of it again. It took years for her to feel comfortable enough with someone to talk of her own past, and even now, that person is the only one she’s ever told. It’s ridiculous of her to pry into someone else’s own dark history.

And yet, much to her surprise, Wichita tells her. She tells her of her herdland, of her father and his cruelty, and of her mother. Her heart goes out to the mare - though their stories are entirely different, they have both experienced much that no horse should ever have to experience. She reaches out tentatively to brush Wichita’s neck, before pulling away. “Oh Wichita, I’m so sorry. It’s not your fault. It’s his, all his.”

She looks away, considering. She owes it to Wichita to be more forthcoming. She owes her more than half answers. “I … I blamed myself for a long time, for, well, this.” She looks back at Wichita - it should be pretty clear what she’s talking about. “My mother … she’s the one that did it. She hated me. Called me an abomination. A fiasco.” The painful truth behind her name. “For the longest time I blamed myself. If I had been different, if I had been … more, maybe she would never have done it.” She sighs. It had taken a long, long time to learn to not blame herself. Even now it’s still hard. “But it’s not my fault - not your fault. I was a child. You were a child. Our parents should have protect us. And they did not.”

i'm still waiting for the world to end

So sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still waiting for the world to end; any - by Fiasko - 07-17-2015, 06:27 PM