• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here it comes with no warning; warrick, any

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    There is something within the air here, something that is different than what it had been before. She has felt it before—known the bitterness and sadness it has brought to hundreds before. It was part of their world though, this bitterness and sadness wrapped into one. The very nature of it had shaped her and the world around her.

It was ruin, but also rebirth.
    And once again it had touched Beqanna.

Lucrezia sees within the distance a smoky black mare she could not forget. It was in her earlier days that she had befriended the mare, and today would still call her friend. She notices the small amount of joy in her old friend, the bounce in her step too, but there is the look of long days and sleepless nights that cannot be hidden. The peafowl mare has never missed a step in noticing the details of such, she has mastered reading others easily and her skills do not falter now.

She does not mention such things though. A smile easily finds it across her thinned lips. There is joy within her eyes, and also a bounce in her walk now as he closes in the distance between her and Amorette. “You are definitely a sight for sore eyes,” she laughs softly when greeting her friend. Lucrezia accepts her gesture of welcome eagerly as she extends her nose out to the other mare. “Of course I am back!” Lucrezia could not see herself disappearing into any other parts of Beqanna. Despite her previous past within Tephra, this would always be her home—this was where she belonged.

Before she can continue speaking further, an unfamiliar face (though there is something familiar in the way she looks and those brown nutmeg eyes of hers that make her feel she knows her almost) comes forward. Lucrezia turns her own nutmeg eyes towards Kagerus, her ears turn in the direction of her. An unfamiliar face was not always safe to Lucrezia. She always remained pleasant and natural as she was, but it was ingrained ever since she was taught by her father to always be on guard.

“That would be me,” she says with a bob of her head. The mare never loses a beat, always playing the role she must in order to have the upper hand. It had never been something she had been proud of holding, these set of masteries she had been taught—manipulation—but it all had been useful in the end for the path she has found herself following in her life. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Queen Kagerus,” she allows a soft bow of her head in respect, the manners of diplomacy never left her. Still to this day she finds herself playing the role of diplomat wherever she went, and in the lands outside of Beqanna it had not always been needed.

She falls silent though when she sees another old friend. Their previous conversations, more many years ago replay in her mind easily. It almost feels like it was yesterday that he had been just a young boy entering into the world (it almost felt as if they all were together again, back in the years before she had been given the position of leader). Before you had failed them, she thinks. No, she corrects herself.

“Warrick, dear old friend,” she smiles from ear to ear. She overlooks him slowly, but her smile begins to fade. There is warm within his greeting, but there is something beyond it all. Lucrezia understands, she feels it even now (the weight of the world pressing them all down, the responsibility to lead them safely into the light as the darkness drowns them). “It has been too long,” she agrees, but she always has reached for the light, always seeing the silver lining, “but it is never too late.”

Lucrezia isn’t sure where to go next with the conversation. Coming home has never been easy, but she assumes that no doubt it would be as if she had never left. “I would ask how things are, but by the looks of it seems there have been recent hardships.” Her voice is soft, careful to find the words, but she has always been direct in laying out the facts. Lucrezia cannot help but feel for her friends—her family and their home.

“I am back, and I will help with whatever I can no matter what it may be,” she vows. It did not need to be said at all, but there was something within her heart that made her feel like she needed to affirm her loyalty once again to the place that gave her life.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here

@[Warrick] @[Kagerus] @[Amorette]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here it comes with no warning; warrick, any - by Lucrezia - 07-18-2018, 11:58 PM