• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as the day breaks and the earth quakes / ilma
    @[Ilma] I'm so sorry this is really just a crappy dialogue dump and took way too long. I need to pack and won't be back till Monday and wanted to just get it to you D:

-------------------------

Solace listens carefully as her ambassador speaks. Her features remain composed for the most part - and only once does a small snort escape her. When Ilma concludes she finds her voice, cool and level, but tinged with disappointment - but it was not disappointment in Ilma.

"For now, I believe we should simply wait," a brief pause as she watches to see if the other mare's thoughts show in her features before she continues. "I am curious to see who will hire them next year... contracted or not, if they move against Hyaline they will find these mountains are hiding great strength."

"We will continue to watch all of our borders carefully, and we will treat them with respect in any meeting, but no member of their kingdom is to wander Hyaline unaccompanied from now on. Not if they can be so easily bought and sold. We will never be able to trust them it seems, for even if they are allied with us for a season, the next could find them using any information we have given them against us. But I am not concerned enough to offer any preemptive offerings to these pirates." She puts a little extra emphasis on that last word with a sharp nod to the south. 

But the Caretakers blue eyes are softer when she once again turns them onto her ambassador. "There is something else Ilma," she begins. "Thank you for being so diligent over these last few months, for visiting the field and adoption den and for your work as an ambassador too." Solace doesn't make excuses for herself, and she doesn't think she has to explain to Ilma why she had been less than the ideal queen in the final months of her pregnancy.

"If anything were to happen to me and Kagerus... you are who I would want to be running things around here."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as the day breaks and the earth quakes / ilma - by Solace - 08-18-2018, 09:35 AM