• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i stole my piece of sun; any
    Nutkin never knew the horrific circumstances surrounding her conception. 

(that Fur had been taken against her will despite the season riding her hot and heavy. how she had been hunted down and claimed as one more trophy-lay by someone far more powerful and wicked than she’d ever known was possible.)

Sprung from ill gotten means did not mean she was any less loved. Quite the opposite in fact! She came out more cervine than even her mother was and this spawned a strong mothering instinct in the shy feral creature to love and nurture her child. So Nutkin flourished beneath the attention that Fur gave her.

She learned the paths of the forest on tiny cloven feet. Learned the width and depth of the mighty river. Learned the safest thickets in the meadow for sleeping. 

But she began to stray further and further from her mother’s side. Adventure and exploration both called to her in strong siren-songs that were hard to ignore. Nutkin began to answer them with a bright challenging look in her nut-brown eyes. 

Finally, her poor mother could take no more and left her for odd stretches of time in the fairies’ care. Nutkin didn’t mind at first. The fairies kept her company but one by one, they flittered off and she found herself alone. Which normally she was content to be by herself... lately, something had changed- she wanted a friend. No friends! Lots of them!

All Nutkin received in return was the low sigh of wind blowing around her.

[Image: lichenpixel-by-calcifer.png]
    let’s go be wild ones 

Messages In This Thread
    i stole my piece of sun; any - by Lichen - 08-21-2018, 01:20 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Cimmerian - 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Lichen - 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Xero - 10-03-2018, 07:37 PM
    RE: i stole my piece of sun; any - by Cimmerian - 10-06-2018, 08:26 PM