• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Vulgaris;
    Shiya
    Vulgaris is still here, standing in front of her, drinking in the sight of her as she does the same. He is a drug that she has been needing. Every fiber of her being wants to reach out and hold him and never let go. Her heart, still threatening to punch through her chest, quickens in realization that this is all real. He, his voice, his scent… His touch… It’s all real. It surprises Shiya how easily and quickly she melts into his touch, missing the only one who has ever loved her. No one pined for her like Vulgaris, no one traced kisses down the length of her neck like him.

Maybe they were inferior? Perhaps they are unable to fathom a life with someone so closely resembling a serpent. But Vulgaris? He knows, because they are one in the same. They were even borne from the same womb and from the same beautiful conception between lovers.

Shiya shuts her eyes in the lull of his embrace, brushing her lips across his neck then shoulder. It’s everything she has imagined – no, remembered – from when they last curled into each other. They nestle so perfectly, their bodies seeming to mold into one; their scales merge into a single serpent. The heaviness of her breaths fan across his skin as she murmurs, ”Torture,” in absolute agreement to his statement. Her world crashed into pieces, shattered into oblivion, when he left. Shiya thought she could survive without him -

(He is my brother, nothing more)
    (Lies)
    (There is so much more)

But she faced her mistake. Time and time again, she was broken down by turmoil and despair. Happiness was a thing of the past, a forgotten light in her world of darkness. Often times, Shiya wondered if this was punishment. It seemed coincidental how everything crashed down when she no longer turned to Vulgaris. He must be the light, her joy.

She has learned her lesson.

The desperation for love blossoms through her as she stays tucked into him, savoring the moments as though they are her last. ”Don’t leave me,” she doesn’t think she could bare having her heart broken again. This could fix her and overshadow all the loss and pain she has endured since he left. With a smile cradling her face, and her eyes opening to search his own, she admits, ”I’ve missed you terribly.” Part of her had been missing in his absence, but it’s as though they were never apart with how easily they find reassurance and comfort in each other again. There is no anger or angst. Despite the years swimming by, their devotion never faltered.

Happiness is laced in Shiya’s words as she brings herself to repeat something she said years ago to him, something that she has yearned to say again. ”I love you,” and even as the honeyed words coat her lips, Shiya wonders if it’s love as siblings or something more primal, and somehow, something more beautiful.

For your love I'd give my last breath

@[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 12:47 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 01:27 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-07-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-08-2018, 12:57 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-09-2018, 01:08 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 09-09-2018, 06:40 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM