• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cold light of the stars the same; any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

At first, Scorch worried that she'd been too quick and concise in her delivery of potential kingdoms. The mare scoffed, muttering under her breath with a roll of her spectacularly coloured eyes; and the stallion looked bored. When his eyes caught the threads of light-gone-dark however, something besides political interests came into play; and the ancient mare felt her breath catch in her throat as his own magic flowed forth, far surpassing anything she'd ever dreamt of doing with her own.

Aesthetically, anyway. But as you could tell by the looks of her, aesthetics had never meant much in the first place.

As the shimmering remains of his magic dissolved atop the snow, the outline of the tree imprinted on her retinas, though it faded quickly due to their dragon nature. Although they spoke not of this impressive display, the grin that strung itself across Scorch's lips said it all. She wanted him; she wanted him in Nerine.

But it would never be simple, would it? The life in her womb kicked, as if to emphasize that point. The yet unnamed stallion went on to ask an undesirable question. Lessening, her lips found their contented and cunning line again, ears flipping from mare to stallion as she considered her response. When the girl - seemingly retreating - took pause and then added her our question, Scorch inhaled and treaded her next words with care.

"My opinion on where you're best suited is not a reliable one." Her charred lips lilted up at one corner, an unabashed smirk. "As you could guess, I'm rather biased. As for the dynamics of each land, well, that I can tell you about."

"Loess, under its current rulership, functions as a kingdom for hire. The reason why I am recruiting for them is because of our year-long alliance, though it's more of a trade deal. They did us a favour, and now we're doing them one. To my understanding, there are limited positions there, each with specifically outlined expectations, etcetera." She paused, glanced between the two, and continued. "As you can imagine, they aren't typically hired to give hugs and kisses. They dabble in the darker realms of politics."

"As for Nerine... Our ideology is that loyalty and camaraderie between members is superior to individual progress within the ranks. We are interested in building a nation stronger than many strangers gathered in one land." A moment passed as she allowed this information to sink in, before smiling darkly and continuing onto her last tangent. "We are a blood sisterhood, and a force to be reckoned with. Many of my daughters daughters live there," she added this last part for the magician's benefit, eyes finding him thoughtfully. "But in the end, you are free to visit either in search of a home."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    cold light of the stars the same; any - by woolf - 09-06-2018, 09:43 PM
    RE: cold light of the stars the same; any - by Scorch - 09-12-2018, 10:23 PM