• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma)

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

As she had guessed from his words earlier, the man had been lost for a time and neglected all kingdom matters. Not that she blamed him: she was tempted to do the same at this point, refuse the pressure of being Hyaline’s ambassador and advisor for a time, ask Solace to find another heir for the unlikely event something happened to both her queens - but it idnd’t suit her to give up on responsibilities like that, however much she disliked Lepis’ actions (though, not knowing about Valdis’ disappearance yet, she did not blame the mare for feeling wronged, she had purposefully done that to teach her how it had felt for Ilma after all).

Blinking once, she refocuses on the male. He’d basically asked her to elaborate after all, even if not with so many words. ”From what I know, Tephra is a neutral kingdom, hoping to seclude itself from politics. Admirable in a way, and similar to what we do, however with the difference that Hyaline does keep up with politics and harbours her refugees more temporary than those who seek out the Tephran peninsula, I believe. Then there’s Ischia; Brennen is king there now, and he’s turned the island into a new brotherhood, they call themselves Krakens. Not as exclusive to men as it used to be, if a mare wants to join, she just has to accomplish the same tasks as the men. They’re closely allied, as sister kingdoms, to Nerine, a sisterhood calling themselves Leviathans, the previous Amazons although they also harbour some men in their ranks. Hyaline’s closely allied with the both of them.
    Loess has recently changed course just like Ischia, and has since become a band of mercanaries and harbours some herds. Only a few of them hold ranks, as I have come to understand. They serve themselves and whoever has contracted them, and no more. Then there’s Sylva, which until shortly was a gathering of horses preferring their darker nature to overcome them, they have stolen, raped and murdered. One Loessian, their former Champion, has claimed their throne when it appeared to be empty, so I am not yet certain what their new direction will be - but I suspect it won’t differ too much from the Loessian perspective or the previous Sylvan ones.”
    It is clear from her tone that she does not like the latter two kingdoms at all even when she tries to hide it in a neutral stance and wording. Shaking her head a little to clear her thoughts, she looks at the stallion, wondering if his ears are ringing yet. ”Sorry if that’s too much information. I tend to overdo it sometimes.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-11-2018, 07:09 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-12-2018, 06:28 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-15-2018, 04:35 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-16-2018, 06:07 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM