• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how time twines around your neck; any
    'Don't be juvenile', says the eternal being, as though I would ever be anything other than that to something that has existed since before time. I'm not a child by mortal standards though, having passed my fifth birthday a few weeks ago. Still, I am not an old soul by any standards, and the grin on the stranger's face is encouraging. It is not often that I let my guard down, but I am considering it.

I realize that just as he tells me all he needs is eternal worship. I recognize the dizzying emotion, but rather than step away (figuratively and literally) I move closer...then past him, and into the mirror-like water. It ripples as I break the surface, spreading out from me in concentric circles that disappear into the midnight darkness.

As the last of his words fade into silence, I take a deep breath. This place is like nothing I know, and it is so perfectly quiet. If I close my eyes I can almost forget that there is anyone here but me. Almost.

The almost puts a faint smile on my navy mouth as I turn back toward the stallion. For a moment I meet his gaze squarely. His claim to godhood is unlikely, I know, but that does not make him any less likely to be omnipotent. There are powers wielded in Beqanna that would put many a deity to shame, and mine is among them. It is not high on the list to be certain, and it is nothing compared to this ability to move through universes, but its a power all the same.

One that I use mostly on myself, truth be told. Like when I flood the burn of fear with recklessness, so that I am bold enough to ask: "So what else can you do, god?" There is an irreverence in the way I say it, as though I am waiting for him to react and do not necessarily expect a positive response. Taunting, maybe. Teasing.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how time twines around your neck; any - by Lepis - 09-26-2018, 10:02 PM