• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me steal this from you now, nev pony
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She nearly purrs as he continues to kiss and tease at the soft skin behind her ear but the sound never escapes her throat. Khuma is never one to show appreciation because then he might think she’s satisfied with just this. What a terrible lie that would be. But then he stops once she asks her question and the little circle of skin is cold, immediately met with rain in his absence. The scales rise from her skin to protect the area from absorbing more rain before she brushes them away.

Inside, his joke ignites a burning rage that has slumbered quietly for ages. How dare he not allow her a new kingdom to infest. But still she smiles and even leans her head against him as though he’s paid her a compliment of the highest order. She listens to the delicate rhythm of his heart while he mentions Nerine. Behind her eyes, she imagines tearing that heart from him. The meat is too tough to enjoy, she knows, but she wants to ruin that perfect piece of him all the same.

Maybe we could stay in Nerine together then,” she says against his neck. The words are like spun sugar, so sweet and fragile that even the air might weight them down. Her lips find his cheek then but the kiss doesn’t inspire any warmth within her as Tatter had. Still, she seemingly laughs at herself and turns her face from him all shy and coy.

Khuma supposes that if Nerine doesn’t serve her purposes then she can leave in the dead of night. Wane is warm, though, and she knows winter is looming in the distance. A snake left in the snow will never survive. But never mind all those worries and what if’s for now, she thinks. Today she will just have to see where life takes her and how she can twist it all to her advantage. The cruel lines of her true smile – sharp and cold – ease across her face then as she continues to face away from him.

Take me home with you, Wane,” she says when she finally turns back to him and presses her cheek to his neck once more. “Keep me forever.

A heartless joke, to let him think he could own her. But God, don’t they love it when she says it?
    khuma.
    @[Wane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me steal this from you now, nev pony - by Khuma - 10-11-2018, 09:29 AM