• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the everlasting ghost of what once was - kagerus - private

Too quickly she allows herself to be distracted by Kagerus' laughter, easily slipping into the rich warmth she had been starved of. Solace rests her head against the strength of the warrior's dark shoulder, drinking in the nuances of her. The distinct notes of her scent, the quiet cadence of her heart, and all else fades away.

For once, for them, all is right with the world. 

"Always," she confirms. Pale lips trail the line where the porcelain and auburn hairs overlap, sleepily fascinated by how perfectly they fit together. Not bothered by the world rushing by around them, Solace is content to linger in this moment until dawn. 

But Kaguers is pulling away, and she lifts her head to look past the gruesome wound and into those nutmeg eyes. They consider her fondly, and the depth of the love she find's there stills her heart her for the briefest of moments. Castile's face rushes before her, but she doesn't allow his image to linger, focusing again on her Queen. On her eternity. 

"Forever," she repeats, with aching sincerity. 

The moment lasts for a breath, maybe two, before Solace shakes her head and a light laugh stirs in the darkness between them. "I never wished for it, not before you. If I didn't have you I wouldn't want it..." 

"Thank you," she finally says, pressing a kiss into the corner of her mate's mouth. But the touch doesn't stay tender for long, and her teeth grasp the delicate skin lightly before she turns away, taking several steps away from the grotto with a roll of her golden shoulders.

"I think this means I owe you," she calls back, and her blue eyes sparkle in a way that Kagerus would only know the meaning of. 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the everlasting ghost of what once was - kagerus - by Solace - 10-12-2018, 04:17 PM