• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

they all go into the dark; ALL

Dreaming, always dreaming: the whispers ever present and lingering like some unholy song that could not be shaken from her mind. ‘Mother!’ one screams, its shrill voice slicing through every synapse and nerve- it does not cease. ‘Mother! You drowned us all, killed us all! You condemned us to death, and where are we not? Where are you?’ she blinks, the voice still maddened and howling and all her mind in chaos and upheaval. ‘Come back to us Mother, come back to the Element. We need you, you promised us!’ the latter is so loud that her eyes widen and Yidhra finds herself torn asunder by visions of black clouds and electricity pounding into the earth. Tornadoes of fire and water, and hail like boulders- storms of unimaginable power and fury, and in their winds screaming the same voices. She sees the obsidian like surface of a stone, of a pulsating rock whose form shifts and becomes equine and wolf and all things.

It approaches her and takes form, it becomes like her but not: masculine and strange, a shadow whose voice projects an image and a command, and Yidhra finds herself lost in the moment. Familiar but not, and for a moment she opens her mouth and whispers: “My child, my children- I abandoned you; but I will heed these words.”

Haunted and smiling, she feels the dream receding and feels the cold grasp of reality once again as all the world begins to take form. Trees soaked in salt water and covered in algae, barnacles festering the rocks and all the bones of rotting and great leviathans spread across the land. She smells decay, and hears the dying cries of whales and sharks alike- hears the shifting wet sand and soil: her every attention turning suddenly to the company she stood nearest to. Greens and browns, were sparsely painted among grey and blue, among the corls whose polyps had created a labyrinthine expanse of anemone and more, and Yidhra noted Rhonen before her with the same unfamiliar mannerisms she had maintained throughout their talk.

“The Element,” she continues to speak to Noah and Rhonen alike. “It was a land where the residents were gifted with powers over the Elements. I remember parts of it, pieces- I remember that there were great cataclysms and devastations that blackened and broke the land. The Stone, it gave power, and then it took the powers; but I remember… ah, I remember.”

Her eyes narrow, teal and strange, body shifting as she took a tentative step forward. “I called Elemmírë, the Imperious and the Primordium, I was both a great Warrior and an Oracle- gifted with callings and powers over the Earth itself. I remember the Stone, when it burrowed a Shard inside of me and the corruption began… I was it’s Mother, and I abandoned it when the whole of the element was sunken beneath sea. Thousands of years I have lived and hundreds of deaths I have known. I am eternal; I am Yidhra.”

That moment is when the tides change, when she hears the sound of hooves or paws and she feels the rush of something passing through the thin veil of air around them. The bones of the leviathans ache and began to groan aloud as a rib tumbles and breaks upon the earth. The appears and she cannot unsee the orange and cream: the stripes and muscles well beneath the fur and skin. Its claws reach out and doesn’t know whose blood she smells, her own so bitterly choking from her nostrils and lungs… or Rhonen’s fresh from the claws.

Yidhra is quick however, to move and to allow the powerful hindquarter to uncurl their ancient muscle and strength. Lunging forward she drives herself between Noah and Rhonen, looking to the girl and shouting: “Run, child.” perhaps a sparing moment of maternal concern; but only in that second, for its Rhonen who she fixates on: her body turning quickly and suddenly as without fear or hesitation she throws her weight back and rears- tall and lanky the muscle ripples beneath her skeletal frame and her forelegs bend towards one another in an almost ‘v’ shape. Kicking forward and up she seeks to strike Rhonen’s skull- particularly his eyes and cheek, to injure and concuss if possible; but its not as simple as one strike, no- one leg is followed by the other and she is not hesitating laugh, to allow malicious and cold bellows to leave her. 

Yidhra

@[Officials] Full permission for consequences and blowback as a result of her attacks/participation.

Messages In This Thread
    they all go into the dark; ALL - by Carnage - 10-21-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by sochi - 10-21-2018, 05:40 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Yidhra - 10-21-2018, 05:58 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Kingslay - 10-21-2018, 06:42 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by leliana - 10-21-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Cress - 10-21-2018, 08:56 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Maleficar - 10-21-2018, 10:33 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Raul - 10-22-2018, 04:08 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Kolera - 10-23-2018, 08:36 AM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Leander - 10-23-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: they all go into the dark; ALL - by Ryan - 10-23-2018, 08:49 PM