• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Scorch / Leilan] Black ocean cold dark
    Leilan had grabbed her, comforted and held her close: whispered and struggled as panic and terror rose in her body. She had felt the eternities of time all lost, and in that rush of adrenaline and fear there was a sudden shock and systemic paralysis that rooted her legs and made her feel as if all the world was turning upside down.

Breathe.

Sarkis drew in, she held it and she exhaled.

Breathe.

Repeat, rinse, and repeat again: her every muscle movement twitching and sore and the anger expressed became sorrow and misery. Deeply involved in her anguish she felt the edges of her eyes pained and her vision darkened as she heard the whispers and sorrowful cries of those around her.

With Scorch walking she kept beside Leilan but stopped suddenly.

The forest was unsafe, the brown spatterings on the autumn leaves deeper now: and the voices of fairies and and other creatures all shouted in a chorus of terror and ill-news.

“We can’t… we can’t go there.” she mewls, she says softly. “The plague, there is contagion… sickness.”

Whispering and low her voice is almost broken, but, Sarkis is suddenly able to lift her head. The gentle and tender mare shivering as she swivels an ear and looks around at the expanse of Nerine. “This place is also not safe; but… I can’t leave, I don’t want to. I want to be home.” on the verge of tears her voice breaks at the latter remark.

Breathing heavily she tries to calm herself, to suppress the panic and rage- the wild emotions that ravage her every thought. “I can’t go back there, I have to stay here: I don’t want to be in the darkness anymore.” pleading and shaking her head she focuses.

Looking between Leilan and Scorch, staring at them… she adjusts her jaw before speaking. “I don’t know what to do… what do we do?” she asks, thinking that perhaps: hopefully, her family will have the answer.

@[Scorch] & @[Leilan] part two...

Messages In This Thread
    [Scorch / Leilan] Black ocean cold dark - by Sarkis - 11-01-2018, 01:42 AM