• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fly Away

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa does not delay her return to Hyaline long. She has a new responsibility to look after her kingdom’s people and invite more to join them as she can. Join them in a place where they may not be safe from plague? No, the healthy she would send on into Silver Cove, to Kagerus and Ilma, and all the others who would be safe and protected in that new place of Sanctuary.

Fresh snow fell during the night and she is forced to break trail through toward the lake but the day is clear and bright and she very quickly spots a black mare with a buckskin colt in tow. The two of them are unfamiliar, and as she draws near she notices the both of them seem healthy--though she has yet to see someone who is suffering from the illness--and the sturdy chestnut mare hurries to come into a conversational distance with the mother and child.

”Hello!” She calls, finally coming into the shallower snow that has drifted up into piles, one of which it seems the golden boy has just recently tumbled into. ”I don’t believe we’ve met, are you hoping to make a home here?” Her question is warm, but there is a thread of worry underlying her words. Looking at the child, younger even than many of Hyaline’s youthful residents, her brow furrows. “Hyaline is a sanctuary, but I’m afraid it isn’t completely safe right now.” She doesn’t want to frighten them, but it seems like the dark mare doesn’t know the danger of illness outside of the protected places.

”I’m sorry, let me start again. My name is Kensa, what are your names?”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Rhynne] @[Symba]

Messages In This Thread
    Fly Away - by Rhynne - 11-05-2018, 08:14 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Symba - 11-05-2018, 08:30 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Kensa - 11-05-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Rhynne - 11-05-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Symba - 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Kensa - 11-06-2018, 10:44 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Rhynne - 11-07-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Symba - 12-04-2018, 10:48 PM
    RE: Fly Away - by Kensa - 12-08-2018, 03:33 PM