• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Like a flower waiting to bloom - Kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

He listened to her. He always had and always would. Couldn't even help it though he dearly wished he could. This time he was thankful for it, even with the pain that came along with it. He hadn't thought of how alone she would've been. With everyone gone but her. Mom and Reilly, and even little Baddie. Him and Dad and Kali. Everyone had been gone from her. She hadn't chosen to live without him. She hadn't had the choice.

"Kharon," she whispered, and he softened just a little, still wary that it would hurt him so badly to be here with her. Her beautiful face dropped to the ground the moment he mentioned her kids and he almost regretted it. But it hurt too damn bad to regret it. She'd had kids without him. She'd... If they had ever.. She'd had sex without him. And maybe it was so stupid and childish to think of it, but she was his twin. His other half.

And the other half of him was gone.

He hesitated a moment.. What was with women always thinking they were terrible mothers? She must've got those insecurities from Mom. He probably got a lot of them too.

Then he took a careful step closer, wings still clinging guardedly to his sides. He swallowed, and reached out, touching a soft breath to her neck. That was all he could give, though, and he pulled back again, swinging his eyes away. It hurt to be near her. It hurt that she was so different. That everything changed. She wasn't his twin anymore, she was his older sister. With kids. She was his mom's age. His mom was his sister's age.

He swallowed, cleared his throat. "Kali missed you." 
    He'd missed her.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Kharon - by Kharon - 11-06-2018, 10:36 PM