• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He does not rest when the sun sets and the full face of the moon appears from behind the clouds. Leliana asked him to find Chaol and Dovev, and Adna if he thought it would be best to bring her home now. He doesn’t know where to begin looking for her friends but he remembers her mentioning Tephra before her contractions began, so that’s where he finds himself now. The last time he’d been here, Kromium was king, he recalls. Everything is up in the air these days though, so who knows where the crown lies anymore.

He casts a brief glance over the volcano in the distance, wrapped in a shroud of mist at its summit. His sage colored eyes blink slowly as he begins to wonder how the residents of Tephra rest easy with that thing looming over them all the time. But then he hears Adna’s sweet voice and his gray head turns in her direction with a faint smile, which grows once he sees her. She’s gotten taller than he would like but her laughter is still as gentle as before.

Vulgaris leans his head down to kiss her forehead as he comes to a stop beside her, nuzzling against her cheek lovingly. It had been far too long, he realizes. Like stretching a muscle he hadn’t realized ached so deeply. “Adna, everyone in Loess is staying in the Brilliant Pampas,” he explains as he brushes her growing forelock from her face. “Your mother is there with your new sister.” Again his fanged smile comes creeping across his face as he thinks of tiny Sabbath curled tight to Leliana’s side. It’ll be so good to have all the girls home, he thinks.

He turns to the others, realizing that Leli hadn’t had time to tell him what Chaol looked like in their hurry. Would her friend even know who he was? He lifts his head and offers a brief nod to each of them. “I am Vulgaris, champion of Loess, and I suppose also the Brilliant Pampas for now. Leliana sent me to find Adna and her friend Chaol, if that’s either of you.” He shifts his weight as he watches them, shoulder lightly touching Adna as though she might cease to be real if he’s not careful.
    @[Chaol] @[magnus] @[adna]

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-07-2018, 12:02 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by vulgaris - 11-07-2018, 09:30 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-09-2018, 09:55 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-11-2018, 08:21 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-11-2018, 08:57 PM