• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll come for you if you want me to; decimate
    Eilidh

The question lingers between their bodies, unanswered.

She can feel the silence that settles like ash on their skin, but only for a moment. It’s a moment that feels like there are oceans between it, when she can hear the thrum of her heart violent against her chest as it goes mad. She thought she had forgotten fear, but his honeyed voice (peppered with that drawl that’s too familiar) draws it out of her soul as though it were only charming a snake when there is nothing charming about this moment. She thought she had forgotten fear, but it glazes her eyes, settling in the fractures of her irises like snow.

Because in the next moment there is something new.

From out of the thinly veiled earth she comes, as transparent and cold as these winter moments. “Oh, Deci,” the apparition says, as soft as an angel Eilidh thinks. “You’ll get her sick.” Alone Eilidh might have smiled for her, because she seems so small and the lines of her face are kind when she forgets the fact that the male with her has a hunger in his eyes that she wishes she didn’t recognize but does. Better than words, his eyes tell her that sickness might be a mercy.

Do you know you’re sleeping on someone’s bones?” Says the ghost.
    Eilidh wonders if she’ll ever stop knowing.

And then it happens; with just a few words and the cruel twist of his mouth he is on her, sunk into her flesh with fangs he shouldn’t have tasting blood he shouldn’t want to taste. For a few seconds she fights it, a cruel twist of instinctive irony when all she wants to do is settle into this grave and build a home beside Moselle’s bones — but the struggle is difficult, and she feels his body everywhere, and half of her is wild while they other half just doesn’t care to keep going. She doesn’t know if she is the one who is screaming, but she thinks that she can hear it in the cold, empty air.

And she can almost feel it, the sickness as it oozes down off his fangs to mingle in her veins between her blood cells.

Then everything is quiet as red tangles with white in the snow. She feels the pressure leave her bones, and sees them both standing above her.

She doesn’t find her feet. She doesn’t run.
    She was dead before they ever found her, wasn’t she?

⤜ nobody's watching, drowning in words so sweet ⤛

@[Decimate]
    @[atria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll come for you if you want me to; decimate - by Eilidh - 11-08-2018, 04:00 PM