• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Dovev] Lanterns burning in the night.
    dovev

She appeared before him, walking with a liquid grace he'd expect in someone older. His eyes sharpened with confusion, studying her closely. Her eyes had changed too, not just the color but they seemed somehow older as well. She was a little taller, and he hated that he'd missed that much of her life already. Goddamn this fucking plague. He never should have left her.

Her coat too. So beautiful. Her hair.
    He picked a damn good baby.

He was still examining her in silence as she began talking, even sounding older too in the lilt of her young voice. He listened closely despite his black eyes still wandering over her, making sure she was all in one piece after he'd failed her so badly and left her to fend for herself. He was so terrible a father, as his first had made certain he knew.

"Sorry I ran," she apologized, stumbling a little. His heart clenched and he reached out to steady her, sliding in at her side to help support her. He hated that she apologized to him when this was all his fault. He never should have left her. His bladed eyes were so soft on her, brushing his nose over her growing hair as she continued speaking. She smelled good. He missed that scent.

"I'm sorry I left, I had to help- I can't lose anyone else."

He hadn't understood much, honestly. He was born in the chaos of the Reckoning after The Valley and the other lands were destroyed, so he had no knowledge of them. Nor was he familiar with his sire the God-Mage. He only recognized Pangea obviously from his recent trip there. For the most part he just let it all drift away as unimportant, leaning in to press the top of his nose in the crook of her neck and jaw.

"It's okay, baby. You won't lose me," he promised in a gentle murmur. Perhaps it would be so strange to an outsider that this man of violence and sharp bone edges could be so tender. "I never should have left you," he admitted, and silently vowed that it wouldn't happen again if he could help it. "You're older now," he adds. Not by much at all, really, but it would do. They'd make it work. "I want you to go with me the next time I need to leave. I want you to stay with me."

She was his, after all. He would keep her.

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Dovev] Lanterns burning in the night. - by Dovev - 11-23-2018, 08:06 PM