• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the stolen roses grow | Lie & Kensa

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

A smile tugs at her mouth when Lie nibbles at her, and there is a bright full feeling around her heart. That feeling grows as Solace talks about the new prince. She imagines a little prince frolicking spindly-legged beside Kagerus as they perform their important duty.

Of course, the imagined child is the color of sunlight after a moment, and her mind replaces Kagerus with Litotes or herself and she knows in some deep honest way that her partner is thinking similar thoughts. Kensa doesn’t give herself away to Solace either, but tucks those dreams away, a secret, warm and joyful. “I’m happy to hear it. I’ll have to come out and meet him.” A pause, remembering herself and the sickness that has taken hold of her. Still she puts a smile back on. In Silver Cove the boy would be safe even from the sickness that she and Litotes carry about with them. She doesn’t let herself think of how long this would go on, if her own children would be safe.

The chestnut girl listens quietly as Lie speaks his piece, bobbing her head once to agree with almost everything. “Rhynne did come through, with a boy she’d taken in, Symba. She was worried about plague and I sent her on to the Cove.” Other stray Hyalinians continue to be unaccounted for but she watches the borders every day for them all the same. When Lie talks about his change, she bumps her muzzle against his neck to tell him her following words are not entirely serious. “It was quite the shock to me. I have not had any such alteration, though. Hopefully Yidhra won’t want to do any experiments on you, darling.” She teases, picking up where he drifts off.

“Is there anything we can do, Solace? Anyone we can look for?” These more serious questions are posed as she considers that there may be those that Kagerus and Solace are particularly concerned for, and as they are already sick they can risk places that Solace should avoid, especially since she needs to be strong for her new little one.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Solace] @[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Where the stolen roses grow | Lie & Kensa - by Kensa - 12-20-2018, 10:00 PM