• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders
    Both of my male companions laugh to themselves at my uncharacteristic crudeness, causing me also to smirk, although I do my best (which is not very good) to suppress it. I sometimes forget that I present such an eloquent front to the people who are not Solace – she would not have flinched or snickered at the sound of my vulgarity, but, I mean, she also hears that vulgarity thrown her way when she’s on the verge of orgasm…

Right. Diplomacy. My son and my right-hand man right next to me. Clearing my throat and thanking my lucky stars that we are no longer dreaming, I step back quietly to allow Velk to perform his magic upon Litotes. We are lucky in that the sun shines brightly here, though not warmly; by the time that my son returns to his position on the other side of me, I can already see a shift in Litotes’ energy levels. I smile at this, reaching and pressing my muzzle happily into the Primarch’s knotted locks; but the moment is short lived, for soon the sound of an approacher greets my ears.

At first, the sight of the ice-scaled stallion leaves me blinking; but I recover myself with plenty of time to spare, sensing that this would be a pleasant visit and not one of another kind. When Leilan opens with a jibe, I laugh easily and relax; I can suffer a few pokes and prods, for the good of my people.

“If it makes you feel better, I can be the Puddle.” Lake would technically be more apt, but it’s too regal when contrasted with Icicle, and really, this discussion has no true merit anyhow. Grinning, I perk my years to listen to the stallion’s opening drawl, noting that he is indeed the son of the renowned Scorch. His union with Breckin comes as more of a surprise, but I silently wish them the best of luck; if they were anything like Solace and I, they wouldn’t need it. Much.

From there, Leilan addresses Velk directly, and I listen without adding anything. The fact of Velk’s true paternal lineage causes some tightness in my throat, but outwardly, I show no change in expression. I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting the apparently famous Castile, and the whole of me intends to keep it that way forever. When I think of him, all I can see are the deeply scarred marks he left on Solace’s beautiful golden skin; and although I took them away and replaced them with marks of love when my wife requested me to, I will never forget the unfailing fire of rage the sight of them inspired within me.

Alas, Velk glances at me and revives me from my reverie, but wastes no time in answering Leilan’s question regarding our mission here. He demurs at the offer to find Castile for now, and then eloquently offers an introduction as to our goal. Smiling, I touch my nose to the stallion’s moon-and-sky neck before once again speaking to the Icicle.

“In the interest of not wasting any time, I will detail to you the changes which have come to the East. Put simply, Silver Cove now stands as the Eastern kingdom, with Solace and I ruling as Queen Caretakers; Hyaline is a subkingdom, ruled by Primarchs Litotes and Kensa; and Pangea is also a subkingdom, ruled by Archon Yidhra. As a whole, we are called The Sanctuary. Hyaline’s mission statement has remained the same throughout these changes, but only those willing to maintain it in light of the potential contagion found there are there currently. Pangea’s functions as the scientific branch, and is working peacefully towards finding a cure, all while obliging mine and Solace’s terms which allow them to continue their work in our quadrant of Beqanna.”

I smile, saying that; our quadrant. A whole fourth of this continent is ours. I do not think about that often, and indeed I have never been one to hunger for power. But the fact that it has come to me despite this is undeniably pleasing.

Huffing gently, I look to both my companions, and then back to Leilan. “Lastly, The Sanctuary is extremely devoted to the maintenance of an alliance between the East and the North. I pray that this is something that you, too, are interested in.” Drawing silent, my ears flick pointedly forward, signaling that it is Leilan’s turn to speak.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders - by Kagerus - 12-27-2018, 06:16 PM