• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the way you kiss me will work each time // Kharon
    Truthfully, it is probably for the good that Kharon keeps his telepathy a secret. Although the boy Rhaegor has yet to summon the courage and the energy required to make the trek up the mountain to beg for that self-same trait, the idea still lingered obsessively in his mind. Besides bugging Kharon with his questions now, he would probably also come back to the Resort to find the lavender stallion, hungry for a mentor as he learned his way around the trait.

This all is hypothetical, of course, but then again, it really isn’t. Having multiple timelines going in multiple threads is really a bitch of a thing, is what I guess I am trying (and failing) to communicate through my speculative third person narration.

More presently, the handsome stallion before him smiles and speaks in response to Rhae’s silence. A question, which cuts to the chase and leaves Rhae pretty vulnerable and exposed. Pulling a face, the Pegasus lowered his head slightly in affirmation, eyes flashing away and then back to Kharon. He seemed kind enough, and at any rate, there was nothing Rhae could do to hide himself the way the other could.

Do you like it here? Rhae thought: well, it’s not Tephra, but it’s close. And it’s certainly not Hyaline, but it’s nice. His eyes flit briefly to the diverse foliage standing behind Kharon, and then he nods; yes, he likes it here. Cocking a brow, he guides Kharon’s eyes with a toss of his head toward the clearly visible volcano. I’m from there.

Kharon goes on to explain that he and his family, who are evidently not present, hail from Ischia. Rhae has never been to that place, but he knows something of it due to his involvement in politics; he wonders how the kingdom fares in the wake of Brennen’s descension, and exactly how much respect a man-whore like Ivar could really inspire in the remaining Ischians. Not having a true personal stake in those affairs, however, Rhae decides that he will tell Kharon that he is from Hyaline originally.

Not knowing that his thoughts would be answer enough for the violet, Rhae cleared his throat and stepped back, indicating with a look that Kharon should not follow. Peering carefully at the large expanse of damp sand sitting nearby due to the retreating tide, Rhae expels a relatively powerful beam of crystal blue light from his chest unto its surface, manipulating the direction that he sends them until a satisfactory image appears. Recalling the laser, the once-prince tilts his head to consider his handiwork, and must admit that his drawing really does look like Hyaline’s mountains and lake. This isn’t his first time doing this, not even close.

@[Kharon]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the way you kiss me will work each time // Kharon - by Rhaegor - 12-27-2018, 07:12 PM