• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Another stallion joins the masses, but he doesn’t bare his teeth or even shout as the others have. Castile anticipated it, expected yet another barrage of foul breath and words to pummel him, but it doesn’t. In fact, he more or less addresses Tiphon first. A single brow quirks at this and his lips purse tightly shut. The scorn burns into Tiphon because he has never been perceived as a poor leader. Decades past, he had been fair and kind and welcoming. Wrong him, however, and that awakens something far deeper within him that few have witnessed. Castile observes quietly before speaking up, his voice level. ”How would you react if the ones you were considering a herd family turned against you, spoke poorly of you, and grabbed at power when you’ve been nothing but kind and willing?” It’s a simple question, really, and clues that he obtained through the context and between the lines.

But just as swiftly as the topic was on Tiphon, it reverses back to Castile. He has not moved, has not reacted even as one of their kin stands above them as a dragon.

Unyielding, he has his family alongside him. Reia pounces forward eagerly, away from her mother’s side, and stretches her gaze across the strangers. Somewhere on the island is his son, and as this predicament continues to unfurl, he cannot help to increasingly grow concerned for Gilt’s safety. His ears swivel attentively, but his eyes hardly stray now from the blue roan male. A lopsided grin flickers across the sharp ridges of his face, softening it for a heartbeat. ”Well, for one, despite being yelled at and threatened, I’ve been the one still offering a diplomatic hand. Yes, I booted Tiphon, but I’ve said, multiple times now, that things will remain the same. I’ve not kicked anyone out. I’ve not attacked anyone, and the only one I did – for the sake of leadership – is already healed. My family is here… Need I go on?” His connections would help keep the island safe as well, but he doesn’t provide that information. Instead, Castile mildly shrugs and glances at Sochi, admiring how readily she takes his side despite their brief relationship thus far.

His heart thrums excitedly, but Reia’s face anchors him again, reminds him.

He could repeat himself again, to ask for the family’s head and reiterate his placid intentions, but he doesn’t. His eyes just continue to calmly slip across the faces and to suppress his hunting instincts.

castile

Just because I want this resolved and not dragging on for weeks waiting for every single person

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a new king will rise from the ashes; everyone - by Castile - 01-21-2019, 08:53 PM