• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  We're slow dancing in a burning room; Any
    Nazariy twitched a little, his voice feeling foreign; his eyes feeling foreign. It had been days, weeks since he had seen another of his kind, anything other than the birds and rabbits and lonely creatures that made up the journey between there and here. His ears pricked a little as the stallion spoke and he tipped his head, listening to what the spotted male said. His good ear was kept forward, but he disguised his uneven hearing as best he could.

The other horse spoke, and Nazariy snorted in a small rush of embarrassment. "You are older than myself, there is no doubt," he said in reference to the limbs that were still slightly thin from foalhood, his muscles not wholly developed. "I did not mean to disturb you from your rest, I apologise." Nazariy watched the other horse, near-stallion, and hummed. "Have you travelled far?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We're slow dancing in a burning room; Any - by Nazariy - 01-22-2019, 04:43 PM