• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy
    “Defy.”

Oh! Ohhhh Defy instantly ground to a stop, digging his heels in and whirling around to face HIS DADDY! Daddy was hoooome! All that anger he’d been wrestling with evaporated in an instant, and he scampered right over to Daddy for cuddles. Any day with Daddy in it was the best day, and he beamed and rubbed his face against Daddy’s armored shoulder, tucking himself right up against his side and just getting as close as he possibly could.

“That was a good stick, huh?”

Defy nodded. “Yeah! I found a real good one, huh? It was lots of fun!” Hit things real good, and smashed with a great sound and a super satisfying snap. He did a good job, and his grin and the sparkle in his black eyes showed it as he looked up at his favorite person in the whole world.

The things Daddy said next were kinda confusing, but he said ‘em while fussin’ over Defy and pettin’ him and giving him cuddles and attention, so he listened even if it didn’t make a whole lot of sense. Well, listened, but he had some follow-up questions of course. “But they’re sticks, though, Daddy. They’re dead, they’re not even part of trees no more, they fell off and crashed to the ground so we could play with ‘em. I ‘on’t think they’re happy or sad or nothin’, just sticks. You wan’ me to hit stuff with myself instead?” He tilted his head, not really getting where his daddy was goin’ with that.

Or with the rest either, really. He wasn’t s’posed to talk to girls? Well, he guessed that part was kinda okay, ‘cause if his sisters were any indication, all girls would do is steal his momma anyhow. And he didn’t wanna talk to no boys either, ‘cause that asshole at the playground had been enough trying that out, thanks. Everyone was pretty stupid and awful, so. He could just be with his daddy and his momma and take care of them.

“Okay, Daddy. I won’t talk to no girls. Or boys either, they’re assholes anyhow. I don’t need nobody anyhow, just you an’ Momma. You’re mine too, an’ we’re best buddies, huh? Forever an’ ever.” He nuzzled his daddy right back, bumping his little nose against Daddy’s chin and rubbing his face against Daddy’s. “We’ll take care of Momma and we’ll not leave her, an’ make her smile that happy love smile that makes her eyes all soft, an’--no, but why my sisters too? They’re icky, and they don’t like me, and they steal my Momma time. They got Uncle Zor to keep ‘em safe, they don’ need me like Momma does.”

Messages In This Thread
    i'll be your reason to fight; daddy - by Defy - 01-31-2019, 06:07 PM
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy - by Defy - 02-05-2019, 06:22 PM