• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any

Immobile, Adria watches the purple girl tumble out of the ocean and over the waiting shore. From here it did not seem as if the young one was in distress, though Adria was certain she had heard a cry further out in the water. In fact the brightly colored creature looks to be the exact opposite of grateful; Eva looks very upset.

As if having read those thoughts, the royally dressed filly (in a deep satin coat and with her hair flaming like the morning sun) turned around and caught sight of Adria’s bobbing head, which she promptly screamed at. Adria herself looked taken aback by the outrage. Had she done something wrong? Did the girl want to drown?

Impatient from hearing no reply, the other seahorse barks out across the empty space between them, demanding some excuse from the guilty party that floated silently offshore. Inhaling for courage, Adria gathered the water around her with easy power and lifted her entire body up from the depths. Her chest and hips rose, gleaming, from the river, streaming rivulets of water in their wake as a magical wave pushed her (this one less violent) towards the shore. She made no move to lift her legs or fake as if she were swimming - the entire ordeal seemed ethereal and graceful, right up to the moment her hooves touched down against the sandy beach.

She walked forward, then. Her bright violet eyes glimmered with curiosity over the jelly-legged girl, and a hesitant smile crept along her impossibly lovely mouth. Between the two, it seemed as if the world had spilled all its beauty into this little gathering. Padonem, madame.” She spoke softly, her tongue twisted by an islanders accent and language. “Forgive me Lady. I assumed you were drowning, no?”

A soft laugh, like air bubbles rising to the surface of a lake, escaped from Adria’s throat. She tilted her refined head and blinked quietly. “Don’t be mad, tanpri. I didn’t mean to frighten you. Are you feeling hurt?”

upon my journey i must go, to where the river flows

Adria

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; any - by Adria - 03-12-2019, 02:01 PM