• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  kiss me until I can’t speak
    and I can't get to sleep with that wolf outside my door

She doesn’t remember much of her birthing, or the first few days of her life.

They are stuttered memories with darkness and the sweet memory of a mother with blue and black and kind eyes—a mother she had loved but who had disappeared when she had wandered too far. It leaves her alone, although she never truly feels such a thing, her leathery wings wrapped tight around her barrel, her haloed head lifted upward as she began to traverse the land she would one day recognize as home.

Perhaps one day she would recognize the tragedy of wandering too far away from her mother. Perhaps one day she would recognize the tragedy of being an orphan without a home, but for now such things do not have roots and she does not feel them in the depths of her soul. Instead she feels a burning curiosity and a hunger that is both very real and very imagined, a need to learn and know more the longer she goes.

It makes her brazen, even more so than she normally would be, and she wanders through the crowds that surround her until she sees the woman of black with the heavens painted on her sides. She pauses, watching her with gold eyes, before she makes her way toward her, her small body moving between the others with ease. When she is near, she angles her draconic head up, sharp teeth glittering into a smile.

“Hello,” she offers, her voice neither kind nor childish nor particularly cruel. Instead there is a hint of a maturity forced onto her too young, something mirrored in the angles of her face, something of her having skipped over the usual roundness of childhood. “My name is Alita,” she says the name she has whispered to herself, offering it up as she looks at this fierce-eyed woman, wondering at what lies beneath.

Alita

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 03-21-2019, 01:18 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 03-31-2019, 01:36 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-02-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 04-17-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by Starsin - 04-24-2019, 01:38 AM
    RE: kiss me until I can’t speak - by alita - 05-04-2019, 01:03 AM